Nottens Bush Camp
Notten’s Private Safari Lodge is one of the finest family run lodges in Africa, and the best kept secret in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. As one of the original game lodges it has a magical bush atmosphere and offers a truly authentic African safari experience. The extremely high return cliental to Notten's Bush Camp is due to its impeccable standard of service and warm hospitality.
Nottens's Bush Camp is a jewel within the heart of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve in Mpumalanga, which means “the land of the rising sun” in the locally spoken language, Shangaan. Notten’s is an exclusive and private safari lodge personally run by the Notten family. This beautiful, intimate safari lodge is situated within one of South Africa’s finest natural sanctuaries. It is a destination that will truly touch your heart and soul.
The Sabi Sand Game Reserve is a remarkable natural sanctuary known for its exceptionally high concentration of animal and bird life. Safaris are led by experienced rangers in open-top land rovers, offering an adventurous discovery of the region's prolific wildlife, including Big 5 game viewing. Unique walking safaris are offered daily giving guest the opportunity of discovering the hidden treasures of the region. This can be followed by lazy hours spent in the sparkling pool or having a massage at the Nature Spa.
Under the cloak of nightfall one can enjoy the sounds of the African night, while dining in the enchanting candlelit boma beneath a canopy of stars.
Find sanctity within the natural rhythms of Mother Nature. Enjoy candlelit baths, massages, mesmerizing nights around blazing fires and close encounters with Africa's Big 5 Game at this world class private safari lodge in South Africa, located in the Sabi Sand game reserve within the Greater Kruger National Park.
Nottens Bush Camp Accommodation
Notten's Bush Camp's accommodation consists of beautifully appointed suites with open plan bedroom and en-suite bathroom. All suites have both indoor and outdoor shower facilities. All windows and sliding doors are fitted with screens and insect coils are provided. Each suite at Notten's Bush Camp leads onto a private wooden deck with a beautiful view of the bush.
Paraffin lamps and candles replace electric lighting for ambience and all the rooms are cooled with an overhead ceiling fan.
Facilities are available for the re-charging of video machines and camera batteries in the safari lodge's reception area. A main line telephone facility is also available.
Nottens Bush Camp Activities
There is nothing as invigorating as watching Africa's wildlife in their natural habitat. The place where nature dictates the rules and humans are mere observers. Enjoy an unforgettable African lion safari in the wide expanse of the greater Kruger National Park ecosystem.
Driving or being guided on foot by our experienced rangers will bring you as close as you will ever get to true nature, the African way. With daily guided tours from early morning to late night drives join us for an African safari beyond your wildest expectations
- Early morning and evening game drive safaris in an open-top Land Rover with an experienced game ranger, where one can enjoy sightings of the Big 5 and other wildlife in the region.
- Unique walking safaris with an armed game ranger knowledgeable in all aspects of conservation, ecology and the environment of the bush.
- Bird watching and photographic safaris.
- Cool off next to the sparkling pool, drinking cocktails and refreshments from the fully stocked bar, or relax in the shade of the Marula trees on the wooden deck overlooking the waterhole and watch the animals wander past.
- Treat yourself to a deeply relaxing massage at the Notten's Nature Spa.
- Enjoy delicious meals and the fine company of both local and international guests.
- Cultural tours can be arranged into the local Shangaan community to get an insight into their unique culture.
- Golf trips can be arranged to the Skukuza Golf Course, which is 45 minutes away from Notten's. This gives golfers a unique opportunity of playing a round of golf within the Kruger National Park.
Nottens Bush Camp Rates
From South African Rand (ZAR) 2’500 per person per night sharing (fully inclusive)